Thursday 19 April 2012

At-one Me With Your Love

When the hope that comes from our Easter faith is authentic it has to influence how we see our lives, including, indeed especially, our struggles and perplexities.

God is at work in us and in our world. The Resurrection of Christ is the absolute confirmation that what the goodness and grace of God has begun will be brought to completion. And what God seeks is nothing less than the transformation of creation.

But it will all be according to God's timing and wisdom - not mine!

My task is to so yield myself to the action of the Spirit of the Lord that I remain one with God's love and purposes.

I don't need to know how God is going to make it all come out all right in the end. It is God, not us creatures, who will see to the coming of the Kingdom. 

This prayer breathes that Christian confidence.

  God be in my thoughts, and in my heart. 
  In my left hand and in my right hand. 
  Atone me. 
  At-one me with you and your love. 
  Help me to pray for those I fear as well as those I love,
  knowing that you can take my most ungracious prayers 
  and give them grace.
                                                   Madeleine L'Engle